The Service Desk is here to assist and support you with your IT services
The Service Desk serves as the single point of contact for IT customers. We ensure that each Incident and Service Request is managed from initial contact through resolution by following the ITIL Standards. The Service Desk also provides computer hardware and software problem determination and resolution, and interfaces with Level II & III technical resources for problem management.
To access our services, the following contact methods are available:
The Role of the Service Desk
The service is available to everyone entitled to Total Care, and is the first point of contact for any queries about the various services and facilities that Total Care provides.
- To provide a focus within Information Services for users to obtain general and technical assistance.
- To offer prompt and efficient front-line assistance, with the aim of answering as many routine questions as possible.
- If the call is not resolved at the Service Desk, to pass it on to an appropriate specialist within Information Services.
- To provide feedback within Information Services about common problems encountered by users, which might indicate the need for further courses, documentation or a change in what is provided.
- To record the details of a call and any initial advice given so that we can refer to statistics and case histories if required.