Managed print services (MPS) are services provided by external parties to optimize and manage an organization’s print infrastructure and document output.
Reduce the burden on IT, lower your costs and make printing more efficient. Which in turn makes for a more productive workforce – and a much happier IT staff.
Managed print also helps you improve environmental sustainability and document security.
By "printing," we mean the total cost of managing and optimizing your printers, their output, and the people and processes that support these devices. This includes:
- Pages produced by office workers, mobile workers and production print operations
- Office desktop printers, multifunction printers, copiers, scanners, fax machines and high-volume printers
- Materials sent out for quick printing, offset printing, mailing and distribution
- IT helpdesk support, technical service, maintenance, and add, move and change requests
- Paper, ink, toner and other supplies and consumables
The best managed print services companies do more than just oversee your printers. They also:
- Conduct a thorough, up-front assessment to analyze your current printing infrastructure.
- Monitor, manage and optimize your total print output environment, end to end, regardless of printer brand.
- Proactively identify and solve potential printing problems and replenish supplies before employees are affected.
- Reduce your environmental footprint through printing less paper, consuming less energy and keeping waste out of landfills.
- Give telecommuters and mobile workers easy and secure printing access.
- Continuously monitor your printing environment and use ongoing process improvements to save you time and money.
- Provide network management and information technology (IT) integration
- Have a proven track record in deploying managed print services anywhere in the world through a global network of highly skilled experts.
Advantages of the Print Management System
Organizations in all places are consistently seeking to conserve money and prepare for the long run. By doing this, they are exploring options that they previously did not consider. Some businesses, in their initial phases, don't have to think about a sound print management system. Should they have progress, they will have to make some type of strategy to get their printing expenses in order. Print management was created to help businesses of all sizes. If your company is only starting out, selecting a printing strategy early on can save you a great deal of later down the road. If you are a big company that's never taken some time to look into a print management strategy, there is always time for you to implement one. No matter the circumstance is, a print management system is made to save your business cash and improve performance. Certain aspects of print management that help boost performance consist of:
- Maintaining Paper Consumption under Control- A print management system allows you to regulate how much paper consumption is permitted by either employee or department. This is very important when contemplating large jobs or regular print amounts.
- Employing Energy Effective Products- A print management system will typically encourage the business you are working with to make recommendations on fresh equipment. As it is often regarded as a good investment, new equipment is designed with energy efficiency in mind.
- Synchronizing your Printer Fleet- An additional element of print management is the integration of your printer fleet. This actively works to connect all of your printers and positions them on the very same page making it possible for a greater control of your overall print spend.
- Remote Monitoring- This helps in replacing any equipment or parts in your printer fleet. Lots of times you can get resupplied on your toner, ink, and cartridges before you even know they are empty.
Acquiring a print management system is well worth the time and money, no matter what size of organization you might be presently running. Get on board with print management today!